Warm Audio WA12-500 MK2 Series Microphone Preamp 500-series
500 series preamp
Item - WA12-500MK2
€312.00 incl. VAT contact_support
Not in stock
Shipping & VAT
format_quote A lot of preamps on the market do a good job of raising the volume of mics and instruments. Unfortunately, many pres are doing only that, raising volume. The “Super clean” designs of today often leave the signal exiting the preamp sounding much the same as it did entering it.
If you are looking for a preamp to improve and shape your signal you will most definitely love the WA12-500 MKII. The WA12-500 MKII is designed to transform plain instruments and vocals into exciting tone. If your mixes lack depth, struggle to sound alive, or are just missing that professional touch you’ve always wanted, there is a good chance you will love the WA12-500 MKII.
The WA12-500 MKII is based around a discrete op-amp, the X731, which is our own reproduction of the vintage classic Melcor 1731, considered by some to be the warmer predecessor to the modern 2520-style op-amp. The X731 can achieve vibrant, clean and lifelike tones; but can also be driven into mild saturation at much higher gain levels. The effects can be subtle, but very pleasing to the ear. The WA12-500 MKII can also accept any discrete op-amp on the market that conforms to the +/-16v, 2520 pinout standard.
format_quote US parcels are shipped fully insured with DHLExpress and they usually arrive within 2-3 working days from pickup day zero.
EU parcels arrive within 4-6 working days and are shipped with DPD or ACE Logistics.
You are also most welcome to pick up your order from Retrosonic Pro Audio showroom, studio and warehouse in Tallinn, Estonia.
We ship worldwide! Contact us for a personal shipping quote or if you have any questions.
VAT (Value Added Tax) is deducted if you have a company with a valid EU VAT number or if you're based outside of EU. Non-EU buyer pays all and any import duty and tax as regulated by your local customs.
- UTILIZES PREMIUM GRADE INPUT AND OUTPUT USA CINEMAG TRANSFORMERS.
- FULLY DISCRETE DESIGN WITH A ROBUST 71DB OF GAIN.
- UTILIZES A DISCRETE 6-PIN SOCKETED 1731 STYLE OPAMP. CAN BE REPLACED WITH OTHER 6-PIN "2520 FOOT-PRINT" OPAMPS FOR VARYING TONE/FLAVOR.
- 20DB PAD.
- EXTERNAL 24V AC POWER PLUG.
- TONE BUTTON – SWITCHES THE INPUT IMPEDANCE FROM 600 OHMS TO 150 OHMS. CHANGES THE TONE OF BOTH THE MIC AND HI-Z INPUTS.
- MIC LEVEL BALANCED INPUT: XLR.
- BALANCED OUTPUTS: XLR AND 1/4″/TRS.
- 48 VOLT PHANTOM POWER.
- LED METER GAIN INDICATION.
- 2 MEG OHM TRUE HI-Z INPUT ON FRONT PANEL. SENDS INSTRUMENT - SIGNAL THROUGH ENTIRE CIRCUIT INCLUDING BOTH CINEMAG TRANSFORMERS AND DISCRETE OPAMP. GREAT FOR GUITARS, BASS, KEYBOARDS AND OTHER INSTRUMENTS THAT HAVE A 1/4″ OUTPUT JACK.
- OUTPUT ATTENUATION CONTROL (AFTER THE CINEMAG OUTPUT TRANSFORMER) ALLOWS FOR DRIVING THE PREAMP AND TRANSFORMERS INTO SATURATION.