Volume 8 is an active DAW monitoring controller and a puristic surround preamplifier.
- High-end volume potentiometer and illuminated mute switch from ALPS; the potentiometer controls directly (no VCA or DAC circuits)
- The mute switch allows a quick reaction when speakers or ears need to be protected (e.g. in case of a computer crash)
- In contrast to digital volume control, where the bit resolution is continuously reduced as the volume decreases, the signal does not deteriorate with analog volume control.
- In contrast to passive volume control, active volume control does not affect the phase and frequency response. The monitoring signal sounds reliably the same at any monitoring volume.
- Balanced DB25 (TASCAM standard) connectors
- High-quality balancing stages with very high common-mode rejection (minimizing interference/interference in the signal paths)
- High-quality power supply unit with toroidal transformer
- Solid aluminium knob with 45mm diameter for smooth, sensitive operation
- Elegantly designed and compact housing for flexible desk positioning close to the screen.
US and EU parcels ship via UPS, ETA 1-7 working days from pickup day zero. That also applies to most
All shipments are fully insured.
Bigger shipments requiring pallets or custom made crates ship to US, CA, JP, CN, AU and other outside of EU locations via DHL Air Freight, ETA is normally approx. 7-14 working days from pickup day zero.
Big shipments inside EU ship via different freight companies, recently mostly via ACE Logistics. Freight forwarders can use different courier companies for deliveries to final destinations.
Palletising and crating time can vary depending on the size of the shipment and packaging queue. We pack all our shipments with great care.
You are most welcome to pick your order up yourself from our Retrosonic Pro Audio showroom, studio and warehouse in Tallinn, Estonia.
We ship worldwide – contact us for a personal shipping quote or any other questions.
VAT (Value Added Tax) can be deducted if you have a company with a valid EU VAT number or if you're based outside of the EU. Non-EU buyers pay all and any import tax and duty as regulated by their local customs.