The dbx Model 168A Studio Dynamics Processor is an integrated automatic gain control (AGC) device of the highest professional quality.
The 168A has a versatile Compressor that can smoothly and unobtrusively ride gain or assertively increase punch and density. The 168A also controls excessive sibilance levels and provides high and low frequency spectral enhancement as desired. The 168A achieves its outstandingly transparent audio performance by finely-tuned control circuitry that eliminate the dynamic distortions that are present in most conventional compressors and limiters, and through use of a quiet, low-distortion dbx® VCA to ensure negligible static distortion and noise.
- The 168A uses dbx's newly-developed Servo Timed Binary M level detection scheme and hybrid Feedforward/feedback Compressor control circuit (patent pending) to achieve outstandingly smooth, low-distortion compression.
- Release time is adjustable to optimize processing for single tracks or mixed program material. Sound can be tight and punchy, or completely transparent.
- A defeatable "silence gate" prevents noise rush-up, holes, pumping, and breathing by inhibiting sudden gain increases once the signal level falls below a preset threshold (during pauses or low-level program material).
- Adjustable feedforward De-Esser guards against excessive sibilance, tracking input levels to ensure consistent de-essing over an input level range of greater than 20dB.
- High-Frequency Spectral Enhancement circuit is an "automatic equalizer" that adapts to the input program, continuously analyzing it to estimate the amount of equalization needed at every moment.
- Low-Frequency Spectral Enhancement is a special fourth-order bass equalizer that permits substantial boost around 80Hz without creating muddy-sounding mid-bass.
- Either stereo-tracking or independent two-channel operation is possible.
- Two LED meters per channel simultaneously display gain reduction and peak output levels.
Excellent working condition, good visual condition.
PSU works on 230V. EU power cord included.
US and EU parcels ship via UPS, ETA 1-7 working days from pickup day zero. That also applies to most
All shipments are fully insured.
Bigger shipments requiring pallets or custom made crates ship to US, CA, JP, CN, AU and other outside of EU locations via DHL Air Freight, ETA is normally approx. 7-14 working days from pickup day zero.
Big shipments inside EU ship via different freight companies, recently mostly via ACE Logistics. Freight forwarders can use different courier companies for deliveries to final destinations.
Palletising and crating time can vary depending on the size of the shipment and packaging queue. We pack all our shipments with great care.
You are most welcome to pick your order up yourself from our Retrosonic Pro Audio showroom, studio and warehouse in Tallinn, Estonia.
We ship worldwide – contact us for a personal shipping quote or any other questions.
VAT (Value Added Tax) can be deducted if you have a company with a valid EU VAT number or if you're based outside of the EU. Non-EU buyers pay all and any import tax and duty as regulated by their local customs.