The new V44S gen2 Multi-Pattern Stereo FET mic, like ALL of the gen22 releases, has been given a significant improvement in both sonic performance and it’s fit and finish.
The V44S gen2 stands alone in the field of professional, dual-capsule, stereo microphones, nothing really compares in terms of sound, functionality, quality of build and circuit performance. We believe it is the finest stereo microphone you can own.
The V44S now features a new stainless steel body to house the beefier, audiophile-grade components on the newly designed PCB.
All XLR connectors on the microphone and splitter box are now made by Neutrik™. The cables have been upgraded to Neutrik™ REAN connectors and are built for us by Neutrik™.
The component and circuit improvements have lowered the self-noise on the mic making it quite possibly the quietest stereo condenser microphone ever made.
Capsule and electronics:
- Twin custom-voiced, edge-terminated 34mm dual-capsule assembly with 3µm gold-sputtered Mylar diaphragms
- 3 independently selectable polar patterns per capsule
- Electronically-balanced solid-state circuitry loaded with premium-grade components
- Ultra-low-noise JFET design
- Deep-cycle cryogenic treatment of critical signal & power path components
- 90º rotatable top capsule with 15º detents
- Versatile splitter box for mobile & live recording conditions
- Heavy-duty brass, aluminum, steel, and zinc construction
- Robust punched-steel capsule rotation mechanism
- Open-weave headbasket for low internal reflections and “open-air” voicing
- Each V44S comes with its own laser-engraved serial number
- Over-spec componentry
- Deep-gloss Pinot Noir finish
- Polished nickel trim
- Precision-cast Vanguard badge
- Final Assembly & 100% Quality Control in California, USA
- 5-Year Warranty
Vanguard Audio Labs V44S specifications:
- Transducer Type: Condenser
- Capsule Size: 1.34″ / 34mm (dual-capsule)
- Diaphragm Size: 1.04″ / 26.4mm
- Capsule Diaphragms Thickness: 3µm
- Electronics Type: Solid-state, electronically-balanced output
- Output Impedance: 200Ω
- Max SPL: appx. 135dB
- Frequency Response: 20Hz-20000Hz
- Equivalent Noise Level: <=14dBA (A-weighted)
- S/N Ratio: >=80dB (Ref. 1Pa A-weighted)
- Sensitivity: TBA
- Output Connector: Male XLR 5-pin, gold-plated
- High-Pass/Rolloff Switch: N/A
- Attenuation/Pad Switch: N/A
- Finish: Polished nickel trim / High-gloss Pinot Noir
- Weight (microphone): 1.11 lbs / 0.50kg
- Weight (in case): 9.43 lbs / 4.28kg
- Dimensions (microphone): 9.41″ long, 1.82″ max diameter / 239mm long, 46.25mm max diameter
- Dimensions (case): 16.92″L x 12.60″W x 6.02″H / 430mmL x 320mmW x 153mm
- Voltage Requirement: Phantom Power (+48V ideal)
US and EU parcels ship via UPS, ETA 1-7 working days from pickup day zero. That also applies to most
All shipments are fully insured.
Bigger shipments requiring pallets or custom made crates ship to US, CA, JP, CN, AU and other outside of EU locations via DHL Air Freight, ETA is normally approx. 7-14 working days from pickup day zero.
Big shipments inside EU ship via different freight companies, recently mostly via ACE Logistics. Freight forwarders can use different courier companies for deliveries to final destinations.
Palletising and crating time can vary depending on the size of the shipment and packaging queue. We pack all our shipments with great care.
You are most welcome to pick your order up yourself from our Retrosonic Pro Audio showroom, studio and warehouse in Tallinn, Estonia.
We ship worldwide – contact us for a personal shipping quote or any other questions.
VAT (Value Added Tax) can be deducted if you have a company with a valid EU VAT number or if you're based outside of the EU. Non-EU buyers pay all and any import tax and duty as regulated by their local customs.