The UA Bock 187 is Universal Audio’s large-diaphragm FET condenser mic, built to give vocals and instruments the classic tone of the legendary U87,* with modern sonic enhancements by mic designer David Bock.
Hand built at the UA Custom Shop in California, this boutique cardioid condenser is destined to be the cornerstone of your studio for years to come.
- Premium large-diaphragm cardioid FET studio condenser mic, lovingly handmade at the UA Custom Shop in Santa Cruz, California
- Iconic, "golden-unit" mic sounds with modern enhancements by David Bock
- Minimalist Class A FET circuitry
- Large Cinemag output transformer for rich bass and increased low-frequency headroom
- Capture Classic Sounds, with Modern Flexibility
- Vintage U87 mics are known for their presence, but can get strident when pushed. Our UA Bock 187 enhances this classic design with a larger transformer, refined circuitry, and a unique "fat" mode that delivers a boost between 10 Hz and 400 Hz. This translates into more dynamic range, presence, and fullness on vocals, guitars, and more.
Add a Handmade Masterpiece to your Mic Locker
The UA Bock 187 is David Bock's inspired take on the legendary U87 microphones he studied and maintained as chief technical engineer of the world's top recording studios for two decades. Handbuilt at UA’s Custom Shop in Santa Cruz, California, the UA Bock 187 mic gives you the "golden unit" tone of an iconic studio staple.
*The UA Bock 187 product is not affiliated with, sponsored, nor endorsed by Neumann. The "U87" name is used solely to identify the classic mic design that Universal Audio's product is based on. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.
Microphone Type - FET Condenser
Polar Pattern - Cardioid
Frequency Range - 20 Hz - 16 kHz, ±2 dB
Sensitivity -42 dB (8 mV) ref 1V at 1 Pa, 1 kHz
Max SPL - 125 dB SPL, 1% THD
Output Impedance - 200 Ohms
Recommended Load Impedance - Greater than 2K Ohms
Power Requirements - 48 VDC, 0.5 mA typical
Adjustable Controls - Pad (-10 dB): off, on
Mode (bass contour): fat, norm-
Lo-cut (120 Hz): off, on
Connector - 3-Pin XLRM
Included Accessory - Premium wood storage case
Dimensions - 7.7” (195 mm) length, 2” (50 mm) diameter
Weight - 1.6 lbs (725 g)
Shipping Weight - 2 lbs (907 g)
US and EU parcels ship via UPS, ETA 1-7 working days from pickup day zero. That also applies to most
All shipments are fully insured.
Bigger shipments requiring pallets or custom made crates ship to US, CA, JP, CN, AU and other outside of EU locations via DHL Air Freight, ETA is normally approx. 7-14 working days from pickup day zero.
Big shipments inside EU ship via different freight companies, recently mostly via ACE Logistics. Freight forwarders can use different courier companies for deliveries to final destinations.
Palletising and crating time can vary depending on the size of the shipment and packaging queue. We pack all our shipments with great care.
You are most welcome to pick your order up yourself from our Retrosonic Pro Audio showroom, studio and warehouse in Tallinn, Estonia.
We ship worldwide – contact us for a personal shipping quote or any other questions.
VAT (Value Added Tax) can be deducted if you have a company with a valid EU VAT number or if you're based outside of the EU. Non-EU buyers pay all and any import tax and duty as regulated by their local customs.