The MPL-2 is a brick-wall and high frequency limiter. It can be used to achieve high subjective levels and reduce unwanted high frequency levels (de-essing). The MPL-2 is also used to ‘smooth’ and give digital
recordings a more ‘analogue’ character.
The MASELEC model MPL-2 limiter was designed to:
- Prevent peak levels from exceeding a pre-set limit.
- Increase subjective loudness of programmes.
- Give digitally recorded programmes a more ‘analogue’ character.
- Introduce a soft 'levelling' function for large differences in average programme levels.
- Reduce dynamic range of programmes to maximize the performance of AD converters.
- Add no audible 'pumping' resulting from limiting.
- Have a well-defined threshold, with no need for programme related adjustments.
Excellent working condition, good visual condition. PSU is switchable between 90V and 260V, currently set to work on 230V. EU power cord included.
US and EU parcels ship via UPS, ETA 1-7 working days from pickup day zero. That also applies to most
All shipments are fully insured.
Bigger shipments requiring pallets or custom made crates ship to US, CA, JP, CN, AU and other outside of EU locations via DHL Air Freight, ETA is normally approx. 7-14 working days from pickup day zero.
Big shipments inside EU ship via different freight companies, recently mostly via ACE Logistics. Freight forwarders can use different courier companies for deliveries to final destinations.
Palletising and crating time can vary depending on the size of the shipment and packaging queue. We pack all our shipments with great care.
You are most welcome to pick your order up yourself from our Retrosonic Pro Audio showroom, studio and warehouse in Tallinn, Estonia.
We ship worldwide – contact us for a personal shipping quote or any other questions.
VAT (Value Added Tax) can be deducted if you have a company with a valid EU VAT number or if you're based outside of the EU. Non-EU buyers pay all and any import tax and duty as regulated by their local customs.