The MA5 was created to fill the need for a high-quality microphone preamplifier with the characteristic sound of early ‘70s British Class-A consoles. The re-engineering in the creation of the MA5 stemmed from years of experience restoring both American and British modules, deeply rooted in classic transformer-balanced, discrete electronics. Only the best and most suitable components are used throughout, regardless of cost, to attain the best sound.
The MA5’s full and open sound with harmonic richness, particularly in the very low frequencies- even down to, and below, 10Hz. The clear mids and smooth highs come through without sounding dull or smeared.
- Standard 500 series modular size 1.5″ x 5.25″
- Direct coupled, single-ended Class A amplifier
- UK-made Carnhill/St Ives input transformer
- Custom-designed Jensen output transformer
- Stepped-gain rotary switch in 5dB steps
- Output level pot for trim and mute
- LED-lit push-buttons
- 28kHz feature brings out high frequency detail
- Custom-made Marconi-style knobs
- High headroom & CMR and low noise design
- Units are thoroughly tested and perfectly matched in level and sound
- 12 years in production
- Time-tested ultra reliable quality circuit design
- Made in California, USA
US and EU parcels ship via UPS, ETA 1-7 working days from pickup day zero. That also applies to most
All shipments are fully insured.
Bigger shipments requiring pallets or custom made crates ship to US, CA, JP, CN, AU and other outside of EU locations via DHL Air Freight, ETA is normally approx. 7-14 working days from pickup day zero.
Big shipments inside EU ship via different freight companies, recently mostly via ACE Logistics. Freight forwarders can use different courier companies for deliveries to final destinations.
Palletising and crating time can vary depending on the size of the shipment and packaging queue. We pack all our shipments with great care.
You are most welcome to pick your order up yourself from our Retrosonic Pro Audio showroom, studio and warehouse in Tallinn, Estonia.
We ship worldwide – contact us for a personal shipping quote or any other questions.
VAT (Value Added Tax) can be deducted if you have a company with a valid EU VAT number or if you're based outside of the EU. Non-EU buyers pay all and any import tax and duty as regulated by their local customs.